Monday, April 27, 2009

cookie puss

Today I was reading a post White Lightning wrote about something called a cookie puss.  After reading this term in context a couple of times , I had to google this "cookie puss" to find the lost meaning of the term.

As it turns out, this is a cookie puss:



What in God's name is that thing and why is it called a COOKIE PUSS?  This cake/treat confection is sheer ugly and would scare me if I ever received one.  I'm not a pervert, but a cake was not what came to mind when I imagined what it was.  

On a sidenote, this reminds me of those times where somebody uses an everyday term and you forget what it means, so you go with what it sounds like. (cocker-spaniel, anyone?)   This is usually a disaster for me because I either A) can't figure out what they're talking about so I make up some bs or I B) ask what they mean and they'll be like, "STYUUUPID Maddie, go fall in a ditch over and over again until you figure out what a 'cockpit' is.  Impudent girl!"

For reals, Boo, there are some words / terms I can't figure out the origin of and I just get lost when confronted with them in civilized conversation. (snickerdoodle, Puss'n Boots, anthropomorphism... WHAT THE HELL YA TALKIN ABOUT?)

I think that for my sake, and for the sake of the children (they are our future), I think we should rid the English language of any/all phrases that kill my already sucky conversations.


Cookie puss.