Monday, April 27, 2009

professional conversationalist

I think if a professional conversationalist were ever to listen in on my conversations he or she would be baffled at my inability to focus on a conversation.

Example:

Me: "Where you going to college?"
X:    "Earth University, you?"
Me: "Your mom's college, haha but no seriously do you like the show Big Love?"
X:    "Ummm, no, I haven't seen it."
Me: "Oh, well - nevermind."
        (Long pause)
Me: "Well, I think you should keep playing/doing *$?** in college."
X:    "What?  Oh yeah, sure."
Me: "Yeah, I just realized I have to go check my light switches, bye."
X:    "WTF is she talking about?"

You get the picture.  How else am I supposed to end a boring/confusing conversation and not make my self look like an incompetent jackal?  I just thought of a great exit line:
    "Did you hear something?  WAIT - did you hear that ticking sound?  OHMYGOD.  BOMB it's a bomb RUUUUN!"
And then we commence emptying the room, in which case I'm not going to have to finish whatever bs I was talking about.  Unless I'm talking about cookie pusses.  Do any of you even know what that is?  Oh shit new idea new idea.